The Clare Local Area Grant Scheme supports community and voluntary groups wishing to undertake specific projects under the relevant categories of the scheme. The purpose of the council’s Clare Local Area Grant Scheme is to encourage and assist community and voluntary groups to take an active part in the development of their communities and to improve the quality of life experience in their areas.
Who should apply?
Any Community and Voluntary group operating in County Clare may apply. Public sector organisations are not eligible to make an application. The Support Scheme for the Arts is the only scheme open to both groups and individuals. All other support schemes apply to community and voluntary groups only. Groups are encouraged to register with the Clare Public Participation Network (PPN) and be actively involved in the PPN.
What types of proposals are considered?
(The Clare Local Area Grant Scheme comprises 11 different support schemes):
- Support Scheme for Public Realm Initiatives and Amenity Projects (Max Grant €3,000)
- Support Scheme for Maintenance of Open Spaces in Private Housing Developments
- Support Scheme for Community Playgrounds
- Support Scheme for Burial Ground Maintenance and Provision (Max Grant €1,000 for Maintenance and €10,000 for provision of extension)
- Support Scheme for Christmas Lighting
- Support Scheme for the Best Kept Local Authority Estate (Max Grant €500)
- Support Scheme for the Arts
- Support Scheme for the Irish Language (Max Grant €800)
- Support Scheme for Tourism Marketing & Promotion
- Support Scheme for Sustainable Tourism
- Support Scheme for Community Project Development (New for 2024 - Groups must engage with the Rural & Community Development Officer for their area in advance of making an application under this scheme)
Before completing the online application form please read the grant guidelines carefully (available here)
Closing Date for receipt of Application Forms is: Friday 2nd February 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
For queries on the Scheme or online system please contact the Rural and Community Development Officer for your area. Contact details are (available here)
Note: The number of financial awards under the grant categories that can be accessed by a single group may be limited. The norm will be only one application per group unless there are particular or exceptional circumstances
Incomplete Applications will NOT be considered
It will NOT be possible to submit an application after the closing date of the Friday 2nd February 2024
The email address used to register on this platform will be the email address used for correspondence